Tropical Vacation followed by Snowmageddon2015

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Out of the blue my winter vacation gave way to some hardcore winter running!


These photos were taken a week apart.  How funny is life.


Winter running vs. tropical vacation?  No contest!  I will choose the warmth any day but it does feel great to know that the snow can't stop me! :)

Last week I was on a tropical vacation to the beautiful St. Thomas USVI.  It was a much needed getaway from the cold and busyness of life.  Heat and beach and good people.  What more could a girl ask for?  The weather was perfect 75-80 degrees everyday.


Below are a few pictures from my trip.













This is about all the running I did on my trip :)



Then...welcome home.

The trip ended as decidedly as winter vacations do.  The day after I got home a small snow storm rolled in depositing 3 inches of snow on the city.  If that wasn't enough, 3 short days after followed snowmageddon2015 which buried us under almost 2 feet of snow!  Good times.  The pictures below show the aftermath.






Winter running has been a fun challenge. 

Lately my runs have been occurring outdoors.  My gym membership was up early December and I've made the decision to tough it out.  I must say this morning was HARD to get out the door.  I woke up to the sound of the wind whipping at the side of the house.  I checked the temperature on my phone:

16 degrees, feels like -8

OMG.  Something like fear passed through me.  

I wasn't going far so I mustered all the courage I had.  That, along with some encouragement from Twitter folks and made it out the door.  I completed 2 miles.  It was the most miserable 2 miles I've completed yet.  But I'm proud and relieved I got a run in today.


How about you?
Are you gymin' it this winter or braving the cold?
Do you prefer winter running to summer runngin?

No comments :

Post a Comment