Back at it: One Week into Official Training

Friday, December 23, 2016

Two thumbs up for tonight's run.  I was scheduled to do 6 miles and was able to have my friend Adele who is visiting from out of town run with for half it.  First of all, it was a beautiful day and evening and I picked a route in the West part of town that I really enjoy doing even though I have to walk a lot on the hills.  

Though the pace was slow, I'm still proud to say it was steady.  We did not walk AT ALL and only had to stop at a couple of stop lights.  I was for sure tired at the end but gained a lot of confidence.

Selfie after our run

I have been working on not taking so many walk breaks and trying to get mentally tougher when it comes to pushing through tiredness.  Tonight was definitely a victory.  6 miles.  The farthest I've gone in a while and the end to the first official week of marathon training.

Yep, you read that right!  Marathon training. 

The goal race is the TARC Spring Classic Marathon the end of April.  It is a trail race in Weston, MA put on by my running group, the Trail Animals Running Club.  I figure even though I've never done a trail race it will be a good low key intro back into running. I'm really just looking to get back into a running routine and do my best!  No pressure.

Check the blog from time to time for training updates :)  Also, I'll definitely be updating my upcoming races page soon as I plan out 2017.  Exciting times!

No comments :

Post a Comment