Vermont 100 - Volunteer Experience #2

Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Vermont 100 weekend is a weekend to look forward to in my summer.  This is my second time volunteering for the event with last year (2016) being my first and I can easily see it becoming a tradition. Visit the race website for more info on the race.

My friend Liza and I went up together this year and had a blast.  Vermont and the Vermont 100 did not disappoint.  From amazing volunteers, enthusiastic runners and spastic weather, there was always something to see and be inspired by.  Flexibility was key for the weekend...e.g. sleeping in the car to avoid camping in the wet fields with looming clouds above.  Adventure!   We volunteered first at the Friday night runner dinner and then Saturday at Camp 10 Bear aid station from 6am-2pm.  I recognized a lot of people from last year and made some new connections.  I am tired but oh so inspired.

Here are my pictures from the weekend.

Liza and I starting out on the trip up.
photo cred: Liza


Friday was dreary and wet up in the valley


Runner briefing before dinner on Friday


the Vermont 100 also has a horse race. Horse use the same route as the runners

"car camping!"
View from the car


4am start for the 100 mile runners


Camp 10 Bear aid station

Runners approaching 10 Bear


Runner drop bags at Camp 10 Bear



No comments :

Post a Comment