Early Morning Cape Run

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Song writer Mark Altrogee penned,

"You are beautiful beyond description,
Too marvelous for words,
Too wonderful for comprehension,
Like nothing ever seen or heard.
Who can grasp your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of your love?
You are beautiful beyond description,
Majesty enthroned above."

Looking out at the ocean always reminds me of this song.

It is a song that captures Altrogee's passion and affection for God, a person so beautiful in His vastness that His unsearchable quality provokes wonder and awe.  The song says, "I stand in awe of you" because really when something entrances us so completely there is little we can do but enjoy being in its presence.



As I was down on the Cape this weekend I decided to bring my running shoes for a quick Saturday morning jog.  The plan was to run to the beach and back to complete a 2 mile route.  Rounding the traffic circle however, that plan quickly changed as I was hit by the beauty of the beach and the ocean-- beatuiful beyond description, too marvelous for words.  I couldn't resist running alonside the beach for as long as I could.

I was among a few early morning walkers and one lone fisherman.  Completely peaceful.  It was good to feel inspired and energized by a run again.  Running in the city has it's perks but there is nothing like running in fresh air with the ocean meeting the horizon and waves softly lapping at the shore.

My run was extended a mile and a half and I was only able to tear myself away from the beach because I had promised the friend who I was staying with that I would be back by 9.  I opted not to take my phone out on the run with me so I had no way to change the plans on the fly.

Back inland I went, pumped about the great start to the morning.

No comments :

Post a Comment