Race Goals: TARC Spring Classic Marathon 2017

Friday, April 21, 2017

Tomorrow I will toe the line at the TARC Spring Classic marathon.  This will be my 4th attempt at the marathon distance, my first on trails, and only my second attempt after a completing a full training schedule.  I am excited.


My goals for this race?

Go a little quicker than last month's 6hr race! :)  At last month's To Hale and Back 6hr race, I completed 21 miles in about 6 hours 13 minutes which comes up to about an average of 17:51 mins per mile.  Anything quicker than that would be a win.

It's really hard to tell though.  This will be my first trail marathon and I have never seen the course.  Word on the street is that the course is FAST and FLAT -- somehow I doubt that I will agree.  So, I guess the ultimate goal is just to finish.  Because, anything I do will be a PR anyway.  Right? :)  I will say that I am feeling much more rested than I did for last month's race and I'm feeling in way better shape than I was for my last two marathons.  It's going to be a good day.

Stay tuned for the recap after the race!


1 comment :