Make Room for the Long Run

Saturday, July 21, 2012


Day 4
10 miles Long Run
Morning - Road

The city woke up real slowly this morning.  I think it was the overcast skies and the coolness following such a long humid spell.  I took this one slow just enjoying the relative quiet and having the sidewalks basically all to myself (for the first half at least).

Truthfully, I too had to peel myself out of bed to get going today.  My Fridays are usually for sleeping in.  Because I was rushing I didn't have a chance to eat anything before I started out.  Took a few ounces of Gatorade and a Power bar with me and ate a little around mile 3, 5 and 7...worked nicely to keep me going though I know I should've had more.  Stopped into SMG and Fitcorp Gov ctr for water breaks.

Funny thing is it's only week 1 of this marathon training and I've already had to completely rearrange my runs to fit "life" in.  I guess that's how it goes.  Thankfully, I was able to make some room for this long run before work this morning.  Family is in town for the weekend.  Will be fun times but I definitely won't get much running done.

No comments :

Post a Comment