The Start

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Well, that first post was kind of abrupt!  I launched into my running log without a hint of an explanation.
   
I'm beginning this blog to chronicle my 18 week preparation for my first marathon, the Philadelphia Marathon - November 2012.  I don't intend to write every day nor to mention every run.  This is just a place where I will share my joys and frustrations as I train, record stories from the road, and remember new insights as they arise.  After all, with all the upcoming time on the road I'm sure to be doing some deep thinking.

First and foremost I hope this blog will glorify God and be a joy to you as you read.  I'm excited and scared and just ready to see how I grow and develop on this journey.  26.2! Oh man! 


Day 2
5 miles Tempo
Afternoon - treadmill

Fastest I've run 5 miles to date (46:15).  Praise the Lord!  Right hamstring aching a little.  Had to stop a couple of times to stretch.  Besides that I felt great.  Did the last mile at 8:50 pace!

No comments :

Post a Comment