Warm-up Works!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Afternoon Run
3 miles Easy
Treadmill

Felt really good today.  Warmed up with about 10 minutes of jump roping (I love jump roping) and some dynamic stretching.  Learned a new routine from an article on Runner's World called A Dynamic Routine.

"Hacky Sack" is my favorite.  "Toy Soldier" my least.  All are wicked effective.

I don't always take the time to fully warm up but I'm glad I did today.  It made all the difference coming off of a really long day at work.  When I hit the treadmill it was easier to get up to speed and felt like my heart was doing less work.  It could just be a good day or it could be that warm up works!  Or, maybe I'm getting better?  Don't know.  Just thankful I was able to do this "easy" run faster than I have been doing them lately.


No comments :

Post a Comment