Do as I say...

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Afternoon Run
3 miles Easy
Treadmill

Today's run was pretty painful starting out but got easier after about a half mile.  I think I pulled my left hamstring somewhere during my Tuesday's "easy" 3.  Looking back on it, I may have started out too fast and may have pushed a little too hard on Tuesday.  I went out there pretty wired and tense from work, in a rush to get the run over with.   My left hamstring definitely bore the brunt of my hastiness and I ended up spending the better part of yesterday and all of today babying my left leg.  After I got off the treadmill today, the pain came right back so I spent some extra time stretching and am now sitting here icing as I type.

Wasn't it just last week that I posted about the benefits of a good warm up?  How soon we forget!
Tai Chi!

Yesterday's run strangely enough wasn't really affected by this.  I ran in to work and so just assumed the stiffness I was feeling was just me still waking up.   I also ran the 6 miles stupid slow and spent most of the time too distracted by abandoned dress shoes in the street and old folks practicing Tai Chi in the Commons.  Maybe I should have joined in for a bit...not sure how effective Tai Chi is for loosening up stiff muscles but the grandpas seemed to be having fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment