Why Ride When You Can Run?

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Morning Run
5.6 miles Tempo
Road

I woke up pretty exhausted this morning but somehow was able to keep the pace up for most of the run.  It might even be possible that this was my best run through the "Twilight zone"-- the stretch on Comm Ave. between Mass and Arlington.  I gave it the name because the brownstones lining the street all look alike and there's nothing to mark your progress but the alphabetical street names and the approaching cityscape.  Today, running that stretch didn't seem so daunting and I didn't stop at all except for red lights!  I arrived at work feeling really good.

Running to work is probably one of my favorite workouts!  Not because it's the easiest (Lord knows waking up is hard) but because it makes me feel so pumped about the day.  It's a decent distance of 5.6 or 6 miles depending on which way I go and I kill two birds with one stone: my workout's over with and I avoid yet another long crowded ride on the green line.  Is it a wonder I would take running over riding the T any day?  Why ride when you can run!?  Sometimes I run down with my running bud which always makes for good times.  Today, I went at it sola.

No comments :

Post a Comment