Shout Out to Week 7

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week 7 was a good lesson in time management and juggling a million obligations.  Between work, packing and moving, I really had to work to fit in my midweek runs last week.  It was hard and I was exhausted most of the week but some times you just have to make time.  I didn't want to go without mentioning the week so here I am posting about it after the fact.

Week 7 Highlights:

- Upped my mid-week mileage:  I'm now running 4, 7, 4.  Takes a little bit of extra planning but not bad.

- Wednesday's run: I decided to run Heartbreak Hill as my last run on the Boston side of the river.  It was pretty intense but doable...probably only because I only went 5 miles total.  Talk to me if I ever try to run Boston and see if I have the same story to tell when I hit the hill at mile 20!

-  Sunday's long run:  16 mile run turned into a 17.8 miler.  My running bud and I ended up taking a wrong turn at the end (around 15.8) of this week's long run.  I was sure I knew where I was on our map but I guess I was wrong!  So, our already ambitious run ended up being epic. By that time I was already losing it pretty bad; low energy and such -- "hitting wall" I guess they call it -- but we made it and we're so pumped about it.  Philly here we come!

No comments :

Post a Comment